We look forward to helping you with your health, cleansing or relaxation goals and look forward to getting to know you. If you have any questions please give us a call or send an email and we will be happy to help. See you soon.
Founder and CEO of Lighten up Laser Therapy and Colonics
Sandra Sparrow- Owner
Sandra Sparrow- Owner
Sandie is passonate about health and wellness. She completed her colonics training in 2014 through Dharma Spirit Holistic Healing Center, located in Calgary, Alberta. She also trained under a Registered Nurse through Body Stream in Barrie, Ontario.
Since moving to Vancouver Island two years ago from Ontario, Sandie has enjoyed working at the Fresh Start Health Retreat in Oyster River and exploring the beautiful Island we call home.
- Certified Colon Hydrotherapist
- Certified Body Treatments Therapist (The Esthetic Institute Calgary)
- Trained with Michael Bergonzi (Greenhouse manager of the Hippocrates, Optimum Health Institute and Vibrant Health Institute) as a commercial wheatgrass and sprout grower
- Studied Raw Food preparation and essential oils at the Raw Food Institute with Lisa Wilson
- Currently studying “Mastering Raw Food Nutrition” with Dr’s Rick and Karin Dina
- Participant of Zero Point and Conscious Eating at the Tree of Life with Dr. Gabriel Cousens
- Cranio-Sacral Level 1
- Graduate of the Hoffman Quadrinity Process
- Certificate from the College of Transformational Arts (Toronto) in Life Coaching
- Studied psychology at the University of Waterloo, Ontario
- Class 3B cold laser therapy with Theralase
Who Am I?
Who Am I?
Sandie has had a passionate interest in nutrition and healing from the time she was a child. Her favourite childhood reading was “Prevention” magazine, and her most loved hobbies were studying information about nutritional supplements, herbal remedies and fasting. Sandie taught fitness classes and was headed for higher education to become a physiotherapist when she discovered the opportunity to travel overseas to do volunteer work. Sandie spent a year in Mali, West Africa, 3 years in Israel, 2 years in the Soviet Union, and later on 5 years in China, where she took an introductory course for foreigners at the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Nanjing.
During this time Sandie was called home to nurse her ailing father and was introduced to Gerson Therapy which includes a heavy emphasis on cleansing of the liver via coffee enemas. She opened her own caregiving agency, where she and her staff nursed elderly and disabled clients to the end of their lives.
With the stress of 24 hour caregiving and a deterioration in her own health, Sandie’s soul passion for natural healing was reawakened, and she turned to Fresh Start to get herself back on the path to health. The results were so dramatic that she was inspired to become certified as a colon hydrotherapist and opened her own clinic in Ontario in 2014. Sandie is overjoyed to have the opportunity to return to her beloved Fresh Start to support others on their healing journey. Sandie has now taken over Lighten Up Laser Therapy and Colonics and moved it to down town Courtenay where she looks forward to helping you on your healing journey.
Songwriting workshop with acoustic blues star Eric Bibb
Stan Rogers Folk Festival